Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bark at the Moon!

Really taking advantage of my mood to paint, even if it's just to clear off some minis that have been sitting around for far too long.


First up, The Blitzhund from Grindhouse Games:




Next up is another 'Weird War 2' miniature, this one made by West Wind.  It's from the Secrets of the Third Reich line, and is called a Jager Wolf.  I tried to keep this one a bit more generic, so he can be used as a werewolf in any setting.

It's just nice to start seeing my miniatures in paint, as opposed to looking at me sadly...

Here's a WORK IN PROGRESS as well:

Tentacles R Us!
 Very weird and cool Lovecraft inspired 'Son of Yog-Sothoth' by Tengu Models.  I've got the Tentacles attached, and need to do some putty work around the joints.  A very odd model.

2 comments:

Allison M. said...

For a second I thought the Son of Yog-Sothoth was scratch made out of that expanding foam stuff. But then I remembered you posting a photo of it in the CMON thread about that... other nasty thing. Anyway I suspect it'll look great when it's done, despite Lovecraft not always translating well to visual media (as commenters on my Race of Yith mini mostly claimed).

Not so keen about the wolves, maybe the concept just doesn't do it for me. Especially the Blitzhund wearing armour... but maybe he just forgot to take it off before he turned :) Anyway, they are good paint jobs, I can't complain about that. I especially like the fur/skin colour on the Jager wolf, it's a really complex mix of colours and could have almost stepped out of an oil painting!

Bartender said...

Very well animated and likewise painted!