Wednesday, June 28, 2006


Time flies when you are having fun, I guess....Ok, we returned from our Northern Minnesota vacation, sunburned and full of fish.

I even managed to finish 2 more of the crew of 5 that has to be done before the 30th. So, in all I have 4/5ths completed and am again pushing the deadline to the max.

The house renovations are taking up my free time...I am either painting walls, or staining wood, instead of painting minis.

I have taken some pics of the minis, but I'll wait until a bit later to publish them. Sorry, no pics again!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Update...but no pics! it is the 12th of June and I am making some progress. I now have 2 of the 4 "Salvage crew" finished and painted. I finished up 'Oliver Duboise and JR Tannenbaum'. I like how they turned out, but I am sure I will hate them once I photograph them. I'll try and squeeze some time in to get the pics. And just to add to my pressure...Rod over at AlphaForge sent me another crew member as a gift. I had thought I was missing a few pieces of one of the vehicles, and Rod not only sent me the missing pieces, but sent me another crew member...It turns out I was NOT missing the pieces after all, but they just got stuck to the bottom of the box. I apologized and offered to pay, but he would have none of that! What a class act.

Anyhow, here is the 'new' addition to the crew (from the AlphaForge site)I think the one I have has a bit of a different head though...

I'll have to get busy on that one soon. June 30th is bearing down quickly.

In the meantime, the clock is ticking down to our vacation. Also, we have decided to do some remodeling in our house, so I will lose some valuable painting time to that...Maybe I work better under pressure...Or possibly my head will explode...We'll see I guess.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Slow but steady Progress...

I have got some painting done on one of the crew members this weekend. Not enough progress, considering I really only have 2 weeks to get them done. The Deadline is June 30, but we are leaving on a family vaction June 17th, so I really gotta get moving.

I did get a decent base made for the Demolition-Bot, and got the Bot itself more or less assembled.

Here's the base:Its just primered grey here, but its layers of cork, some sand, and a little coffee stirer that will work as a exposed pipe. I plan on painting it like cement.

Here is the almost assembled Demo-Bot (now with Roboty hands!!) on the base. I have not primered him yet as I have some gap filling to do. Plus I will paint the base seperately before attaching him on.

Hopefully, with the upcoming week I will see at least one of the crew completed.