Thursday, August 13, 2020

Zombies!

 What good is a modern urban fantasy with out tons of zombies?  Whether they are fast ones, slow ones, mutants, brain infected, rage virused, or just good old fashioned walking dead they are certainly a mainstay of the genre.


Here are some of the King Zombie figures I've been working on lately.  I've had them around for some time, but my attention span is low.

They are seriously over the top and cartoony, but as I've mentioned before, fun and quick to paint up.

These were all from the First Responders set.  The first is a paramedic who decided his patient would make a better meal.

I get a bit of a Freddie Mercury vibe from him.



Next up are some Firefighters.  Each miniature has an integrated and sculpted base, so I just painted it as whatever it was sculpted as. I kinda like the variety.

Don't ask where the dalmation went.

The two on the end I painted some time ago, and now I finally add a few more of the SWAT team.  I used a blue to highlight the ones in the middle, and I like that it doesn't wash out the blacks as much as the other two do, with their grey highlights.

This is why Zombies aren't asked do to the YMCA dance.


I've got just a few more from this set left to do.   Here's a parting shot of a Fire Chief survivor (made by Griffin) holding off his work mates.
Oscar Nunez and Big Jim Murtowski turned on Chief Wendall Rice once before.  The first time was when he was promoted to Chief.  He let that slide as jealousy.  Tonight they turned in a different way, and now the Chief was all done with second chances.





No comments: